- Women's measurements
- Big Mac
- Brain membranes
- The Number Three in American Culture
- Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria
- Three Furies
- Pythagoras - three is the perfect number
- Trinity symbol
- How many triangles?
- id, ego, superego
- Threes.com featured on the BBC2
- Simon Cowell: You Never Want The People That You Work With To Do Well
- Third Eye - Pineal Gland
- Three Foil Cross
- Empirical rule - The 68-95-99.7 Rule
- Three Baskets
- Featured Article - Allen H. Merriam
- Three Wise Monkeys
|Art - Design|
The Laocoon Group from 1st century ItalyHagesandros, Athenodoros and Polydoros of Rhodes Laocoon and his sons
c. 175-150 BC
Marble, height 242 cm (95 1/2 in)
Museo Pio Clementino, Vatican
This famous sculpture Group, now in the Vatican Museum, illustrates an episode in Virgil's Aeneid, Book II. It dates from about 25 B. C. but was discovered as late as 1506, when it was brought to the Vatican.
|Grattan, Henry (1746-1820)|
"At twenty, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; at forty, the judgement; afterward, proportion of character."
WORDS AND NUMBERS: MATHEMATICAL DIMENSIONS OF RHETORIC - how numbers function rhetorically by influencing persuasive appeals, the structure of messages, and our use of .language.